I believe God wants to speak to us in 2016 about journeying with him with sustainability, health, and rest.
I will be sharing more of this in our services on January 3, but for now here is what you should know:
We have decided to not have church activities on December 27th.
This is for two reasons:
- Part of my job is to monitor the need for rest in our church and act accordingly. This has been a season of high stress on our facility and volunteers. By the 27th, we will all need a break.
- Developing a life of sustainability means knowing how to rest and take Sabbath. Sometimes, not attending or serving in church is a Sabbath act. I will teach more on healthy Sabbath early next year.
What could you do instead that day?
- Sleep in.
- Go for a walk with family.
- Have brunch with your small group or that neighbor who has been on your heart.
- Sit with your loved ones and reflect on what God has taught you in 2015.
- If you want to engage in some time of worship and teaching, we will be putting together a devotional guide for that morning that you can use.
Of course, you could always go to pulpitrock.com and catch up on a sermon you missed. (Come on, you couldn’t have heard them all).
For some of us, this will be a morning with some displacement. It may feel weird, or even wrong.
As we are learning, I encourage you to lean into the displacement with God.
Let’s use this day to begin the conversation about how to journey with God with sustainability.
Written by Thomas Thompson