Registration for 2018 Snowbound has closed. If you’d like to be placed on the wait-list, please email us!
All the details!
We are thrilled that your student is taking part in our upcoming PRiSM Snowbound Winter Camp! Below are a few important details regarding the weekend. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to connect with us!
- Drop-off: We will be leaving Friday, January 26th, promptly at 4:30pm—so we encourage students to arrive at the church (meet in the Student Center) any time after 4:00pm to get checked-in and get their gear loaded. We are also asking that students will either have eaten by this time, or come with a sack dinner to eat on the way. Students will only have a late night snack upon our arrival to camp Friday evening, and we will not have time to stop for dinner.
- Pick-up: We project to be back to the church by 3pm on Sunday, January 28th. We will announce on Facebook when we are about a half-hour out – so we encourage parents to follow that page, if they are looking for updates on travel and arrival times. Students will eat a brunch before we leave, and we’ll have a snack available on the drive home, but they will not have eaten lunch that day.
- What will they need to bring?:
***Your student will NOT need linens or a sleeping bag—these are provided by Frontier Ranch.****
> Cold weather clothing (coat, gloves, hat, etc.)
> Pirate attire for our Team Muck War (think red or black stripes, eye-patch, bandana, etc.)
> Swimsuit and towel – one piece suits only please
> Bible, pen, notebook
> $$$ for extra snacks and/or gift shop
> 2 signed releases
- Speaking of Releases… : Frontier Ranch (SNOWBOUND) requires all participants to fill out a release form in addition to our PRiSM Release Form. Your student will need BOTH of these on file to take part in this Winter Camp. Our release can be printed, signed, and turned in to any PRiSM staff member. And Frontier Ranch’s release is to be done online. This release is quick and easy…you can even do it from your phone! Simply click the link. https://www.cognitoforms.com/YoungLifeColoradoCamping/FrontierRanchSchoolSeasonWaiver1718
- Payment: Remaining balances can be paid online or at drop-off. If paying online, be sure to note your child’s name and SNOWBOUND. If you have any questions about your remaining due, simply reply to this email and we’ll let you know asap!
- Medication: If your student has medication needs, please be sure to communicate this at drop-off. If at all possible keep medication in their original containers with the original label attached. We will have medication forms available where you can write instructions including dosages and times to include with the medication.
- What if I need to reach my student?: It is PRiSM policy that on events like this, students’ cellphones are collected (to include tablets or other electronics) upon arrival and returned on the trip home. If you need to reach your student during Snowbound weekend, you are welcome to contact one of PRiSM’s staff and we will make sure that you guys are connected. You are also welcome to contact Frontier Ranch in the event of an emergency.
Middle School Program Director| Rich Herold 719-640-1073
Student Ministries Pastor | Mark Windle 719-282-5486
22150 Co Rd 322, Buena Vista, CO 81211 Phone:719-395-4111
- Also, don’t forget: Like our PRiSM MS Facebook page and our Instagram for pictures posted from the retreat this weekend, as well as all other Student Ministry information and fun! #snowbound
We have great expectations for this getaway—we trust God will be working in your student’s hearts and lives, we’re praying for strengthened connections and friendships, opportunities to be challenged and encouraged, and anticipate lots of laughs and lasting memories—it’ll be a quick weekend, but we are ready to make the most of it!
If you have any other questions or need anything during the Snowbound weekend, please do not hesitate to contact me!