2019 was an amazing year for Pulpit Rock and our CarePortal and Love Your Neighbor teams!
The Love Your Neighbor team and CarePortal at Pulpit Rock would not exist without our church community! The continued support through donations, building beds, delivering diapers, wipes, clothes, etc. and prayers for the families is what makes this sustainable.
These teams are not full of extraordinary people – just A LOT of ordinary people that say YES when God asks them to step up. People who are not afraid to go outside their comfort zone and love strangers. They have shown love to so many this past year.
Kids that have been taken from their homes because of abuse and neglect. Caseworkers who are surprised that someone from “the church” is there to help without strings attached. Family and friends who are overwhelmed by the love shown by strangers.
A few big things happened for PRC CarePortal and Love Your Neighbor in 2019:
Love Your Neighbor
- 185 beds delivered (our goal was 150!) Let’s shoot for 200 next year!
- Woodworking tools were donated for our new workshop
- We have a new workshop on-site at PRC
- 56 mattresses were donated by The Center at Cordera
- All mattress support slats (over 1,100) were donated by The Woodshed Lumber Company
- Platte Furniture continues to heavily discount mattresses for us when we need them
- 99.3 Way-FM ran a 2-week bedding drive for us
- We received a grant from Home Depot for $1000
- We had 46 volunteers building beds on the COSILOVEYOU City Serve Day
- We now have a bed/project request form on our web page making it easier for people to get connected to us
- We received a lot of hand-made donations:
- Tic-tac-toe games
- Served 952 kids (since 2016)
- Economic Impact of $342,236 (since 2016)
I think the end goal for the CarePortal and Love Your Neighbor teams would be to answer all requests…
No more kids sleeping on the floor.
No more kids shivering at recess because they don’t have a winter coat.
No more babies sitting too long in a dirty diaper because the family can’t afford to buy more.
No more families running scared from abusive situations only to find themselves in a new place without any furniture or food to eat.
No more hurt or pain in the eyes of innocent children.
While I think that’s an admirable goal, it’s simply not realistic.
Until we reach a point where everyone feels SEEN, KNOWN and LOVED we will keep saying YES when God asks us to love our neighbors!
Let’s begin 2020 with LOVE!
Here are a few links if you’d like more information or to look back on some of our 2019 projects.