Imagine an event where government, church, individuals, organizations, and local businesses all collaborated to love and spoil people needing some recognition. Seems a bit far-fetched, doesn’t it?
That dream was reality at Pulpit Rock Church a few weeks ago.
In December, Pulpit Rock was honored to host the DHS Kinship Family Celebration.
More than 250 guests attended. They are all from the kinship unit at DHS.
If you are a foster parent, you get a good amount of support and get paid money for having kids. If you are a kin provider (grandma, aunt, relative, neighbor), you get very little support and money for taking in kids that are not yours.
This Christmas party was for all the kin providers and their kids.
The donations flowed in.
- We allowed them to use our facility free of charge.
- We also donated all the plates, napkins, etc.
- Individuals from our church paid for veggie trays and fruit trays.
- People from our church also donated $200 for gifts for each of the children (for this we partnered with North Springs Alliance Church – they put together all the gift bags).
- People from our church donated gently used and around 160 new games.
- Petries Family Games donated toys and games.
- Pepsi donated pop.
- Chick Fil A donated tea and lemonade.
- Sherriffs’ department brought 300 teddy bears.
- There was also face painting, balloon animals, pictures with Santa, pizza, pasta, salads, cake and a kid magician (Addison Zaiger, from our church).
Folks, it’s a beautiful thing when we all work together in love.
We hope your new year is off to a great start! We are writing to thank you for your help with our annual DHS Kinship Family Celebration at Pulpit Rock. Thanks to your generosity, we were able to serve over 250 family members! Everyone thoroughly enjoyed your gifts and the fun-filled night. The party was a huge success and we could not have done it without your amazing support! You have truly made a difference in the lives of our families!
The DHS Kinship Team