COVID-19 Worship Safely Plan
In light of El Paso County's move to Level Red: Safer at Home - Severe Risk:
We will continue live-streaming both services online. If you plan to join us in person these next few weeks please don’t forget your mask.
We are working hard as a team to make sure that we can continue gathering and connecting, but we want to do so in as safe and respectful way as possible. We’ve thoroughly read all the standards and requirements for restaurants and religious gatherings, and we will continue to modify our plan as things change.
Some things that have changed for December:
- You will only need to RSVP if you need to reserve childcare and Kids Min programming.
- There will be no in-person PRiSM Wednesday night programming for the remainder of December.
- A new health order limiting personal gatherings to 10 people or 2 families was put out by the health department. This order does not specifically affect churches and places of worship but rather gatherings in homes. We are recommending that if you have a small group that meets in your home, you consider modifying what you are doing in one of these ways:
- Go to online/zoom meetings – there are many options for free online meetings.
- Meet on campus – there are plenty of rooms available on site for your use on Sunday mornings at 9 or 10:30, and potentially other times during the week.
- Meet in groups of 2 couples or people – dividing your group into much smaller group.
- Take a break for a few weeks – perhaps plan to resume after the holidays.
- Get creative – find a way to stay connected during this season, use services and apps like Voxer, Marco Polo, Houseparty, etc. to maintain connection.
- We are going to pause our gathering at FH Beerworks while it prepares to move into a home-based gathering, which will likely start in the next couple of weeks. We’re excited that a gathering like FH has spurred an incarnational community that will begin reaching out to their neighborhoods in that area!
We are tackling this week-by-week, so this plan below is for Sundays in December. Here is what you need to know and what we need from you.
In addition to the online streaming (which will continue indefinitely), we will have our normal two service times in the main sanctuary.
9:00 AM | Main Sanctuary – live worship and live preaching | MASKS REQUIRED
10:30 AM | Main Sanctuary – live worship and live preaching | MASKS REQUIRED
You will only need to RSVP online if you are reserving childcare and Kids Min programming.
PRiSM 56, 78, & HS Programming
There will be no in-person Wednesday night programming for the remainder of December. Check out this special video from Mark for more info! Stay connected for an updated Core Groups plan for the month of January, to be released the week after Christmas.
Kids Min Programming and Childcare
You can now reserve programming and childcare for your infant - 4th grader when you make your RSVP for the church service! Care and programming is available for the 10:30am service, Pulpit Rock location, only. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
A few things to note...
- In each location we will seat in groups of less than 10.
- We are asking everyone to wear masks and respect social distancing as they enter and exit the building and while they are seated in their area and while using the restrooms.
- All services will be capped at 1 hour to limit exposure in the building.
- Nothing will be passed during the worship service. But there will be giving boxes available at each service location.
- Preschool and elementary aged children who do not take part in programming will sit with their families, and we will provide some activities to help keep children engaged at every location. These activities will be packaged to take with you. We know that family services can be challenging for families with young children! But you enrich our time together with your presence.
- If you are in a high-risk category due to health or age, we trust you to make a wise decision for yourself and your family. The state and county health department recommend that high-risk people attend services by watching online.
- If you are uncomfortable or nervous about attending, we also trust you to hear from God and make a wise decision. We care about you and we will be here for you when you feel more comfortable.
- We are asking anyone who is sick or has symptoms of sickness to take the week off and stay home.
- Our state health department requires all Coloradans to wear masks when they are indoors in areas where they are exposed to others. It also recommends regular hand washing and the use of hand sanitizer. (We will provide plenty of that!)
- Our hosts will clean the commonly touched areas before and after services.